Endorsements, spin-off in the works for Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 21 2003 12:00 AM ET
The New York Daily News reports that the Fab 5 from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy may soon be cashing in on their notoriety as television's favorite fixer-uppers. The paper quotes a report from Ad Age magazine that says the Queer quintet (Ted Allen, Kyan Douglas, Thom Filicia, Carson Kressley, and Jai Rodriguez) are currently negotiating a deal with PepsiCo that would include everything from advertising to product placement. Until now, the products and services chosen to be featured on the show have been the personal choices of the show's on-camera experts, but this deal could expand Queer Eye's scope to include products-for-pay.
Bravo and parent company NBC are also in "serious discussions" with the show's producers to create a spin-off, Queer Eye for the Straight Girl, which would have gay men helping out fashion-challenged women. "There are a lot of ideas being discussed, [but] nothing we are ready to announce," said a Bravo spokesperson to Ad Age.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses