Cheryl Hines joins cast of Ganatra's Cake
June 04 2004 12:00 AM ET
Emmy-nominated Curb Your Enthusiasm star Cheryl Hines has signed to appear opposite Heather Graham in the indie romantic comedy Cake. Graham plays a free-spirited travel writer and adventurer whose phobia of relationships is tested after she accepts an offer to take over her father's business, a conservative bridal magazine. Hines plays the boss of Graham's character. The film is shooting in Canada. Out filmmaker Nisha Ganatra (Chutney Popcorn) is directing from a screenplay by Tassie Camero.
Additionally, Hines has also been cast to star opposite Allison Janney in the indie feature Our Very Own for writer-director Cameron Watson, who is making his directorial debut. Hines plays Sally, the best friend of Janney's character. Keith Carradine and Jason Ritter also star. Meanwhile, Hines continues in her role opposite Larry David on the HBO series Curb Your Enthusiasm, which begins shooting its fifth season in the fall. She will also be heard as the female lead voice in DreamWorks' Siegfried and Roy-inspired computer-animated series Father of the Pride for NBC.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- WATCH: Nebraska Woman Is Suing All 'Homosexuals' on Behalf of God
- WATCH: Janet Mock Gives Oprah 'Ah-Ha' Moments About Gender
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon