BY Julie Bolcer
November 16 2009 11:50 AM ET
Country legend Dolly Parton appeared on The Joy Behar Show Friday and was asked whether she supports marriage equality.
“Would you say that you are pro–gay marriage?” asked Behar, noting that Parton’s background might suggest otherwise.
“I know that’s true,” acknowledged Parton. “I always say, ‘Sure, why can’t they get married? They should suffer like the rest of us do.’”
Behar also quizzed Parton about the secret behind the size of her large gay following and what she thinks of Houston megachurch pastor Joel Osteen, who recently said that "homosexuality is not God's best."
Watch the video below.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Will PrEP Make Gay Men Stop Using Condoms?
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'