BY Julie Bolcer
November 16 2009 11:50 AM ET
Country legend Dolly Parton appeared on The Joy Behar Show Friday and was asked whether she supports marriage equality.
“Would you say that you are pro–gay marriage?” asked Behar, noting that Parton’s background might suggest otherwise.
“I know that’s true,” acknowledged Parton. “I always say, ‘Sure, why can’t they get married? They should suffer like the rest of us do.’”
Behar also quizzed Parton about the secret behind the size of her large gay following and what she thinks of Houston megachurch pastor Joel Osteen, who recently said that "homosexuality is not God's best."
Watch the video below.
- Youth WATCH: Ark. High School Yearbook Refuses to Profile Out Student 13 min 33 sec ago
- Women WATCH: PLL's Shay Mitchell - 'Sometimes I'd Rather Kiss Another Girl' 35 min 35 sec ago
- Politics Ore. AG Rules 'Religious Freedom' Bill Title Must Say 'Discrimination' 51 min 15 sec ago
- Television PHOTOS: Behind The Scenes With a New Gay Sitcom 1 hour 18 min ago
- Music LISTEN: Lady Gaga's 'Brooklyn Nights' Leaked 2 hours 10 min ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: He's Positive, I'm Not — How Do We Deal? 2 hours 24 min ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: What Is a Serodiscordant Couple? 2 hours 25 min ago