BY Julie Bolcer
November 16 2009 11:50 AM ET
Country legend Dolly Parton appeared on The Joy Behar Show Friday and was asked whether she supports marriage equality.
“Would you say that you are pro–gay marriage?” asked Behar, noting that Parton’s background might suggest otherwise.
“I know that’s true,” acknowledged Parton. “I always say, ‘Sure, why can’t they get married? They should suffer like the rest of us do.’”
Behar also quizzed Parton about the secret behind the size of her large gay following and what she thinks of Houston megachurch pastor Joel Osteen, who recently said that "homosexuality is not God's best."
Watch the video below.
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Op-ed: Why Labeling Others As 'Privileged' Isn't Helping Trans Activists