Mayweather Not Sorry for Antigay Slurs
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 09 2010 10:30 AM ET
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather, Jr. apologized for a Ustream rant in which he used racist slurs against Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao, but he offered no apology for the antigay slurs he used.
According to Rod 2.0, among other slurs, Mayweather called Pacquiao a “faggot” several times and vowed to force him to “make some sushi rolls and cook some rice,” if their prospective bout ever takes place.
Mayweather took to Ustream again Friday to apologize for the racist part of his rant, but not the homophobic remarks. The incident follows unprompted remarks the boxer made about gay sex last year during an appearance on Chelsea Lately, reports Rod 2.0.
On Thursday morning, police were called to Mayweather's Las Vegas home after the mother of his child called authorities, claiming the boxer attacked her. Mayweather was not there when police arrived, and they are currently looking to question him.
- PHOTOS: French Photographer Fights Homophobia With 'Imaginary Couples'
- Op-ed: Why Cindy McCain Really Is a 'Hero'
- Poland's Only Gay Parliamentarian Attacked After Pride
- Man of Steel: A Gay Allegory For Our Time
- WATCH: For Father's Day, This 10-Year-Old Wants Job Security for Her Gay Dads
- PHOTOS: Baltimore's First Pride With Marriage Equality
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel PHOTOS: L.A.'s Favorite Park Reopens After $45M Renovation June 17 2013 8:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Series Easy Abby Season Finale June 17 2013 8:16 PM
- Women Melissa Etheridge Says Angelina Jolie Made 'Fearful Choice' on Breast Cancer June 17 2013 6:46 PM
- Entertainment News NYC Gay Bar Gets Reality Show... June 17 2013 6:09 PM
- Women Duh: Ellen DeGeneres Is Still Most Recognizable Gay American June 17 2013 6:07 PM
- Sports Greg Louganis is Getting Married June 17 2013 6:06 PM
- Religion Gay Catholics Turn Their Backs to Cardinal Who Compared LGBT Equality to KKK June 17 2013 5:20 PM