Cher Tweets Anger Over Oscar Snub
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 27 2011 9:00 AM ET
Burlesque star Cher took to Twitter on Tuesday to vent her anger at the film’s song “You Haven’t Seen The Last Of Me” being omitted from Academy Award nomination.
The tune won a Golden Globe for Best Original song for writer Diane Warren earlier this month, a fact that Cher noted in two separate tweets, according to Idolator.
“We didn’t get a nomination 4 best song !” she tweeted. “That sucks ! Diane’s song Is so beautiful ! It’s hard to understand how u win … The Golden Globe 4 BEST SONG & not even get nominated by the OSCARS? Oh well it is..what it is ,,,,the sun is still shining !”
Later, a Twitter user dared to challenge Cher, which resulted in a smackdown from the diva.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Leaked 'The Interview' Scene Puts James Franco in Bed With Kim Jong-Un