Canseco Gay on
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 28 2011 11:40 AM ET
Former Major League Baseball player Jose Canseco played a gay Argentinian fiancé in an episode of The Celebrity Apprentice.
TV Squad reports on the videophone commercial filmed by Team Backbone. Canseco played “Pablo,” who is engaged to marry “Tommy.”
The team of men erupted into laughter when the commercial was finished. Gay reality TV star Richard Hatch celebrated Canseco as “one good-looking fellow.”
Canseco seemed as anxious as amused about the performance, telling the camera his fear that, “If my father sees this, he’s gonna basically kill me.”
The Cuban baseball star spent the bulk of his career with the Oakland A’s and was a notable power hitter. He later acknowledged his use of anabolic steroids in a book.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: Philly Cops Search For Violent Group In Possible Hate Crime Against Gay Couple
- LGBT Groups, Conservatives Outraged As Straight Mates Marry for Rugby Tickets
- LGBT People Are Driving an Upheaval in Video Games