Canseco Gay on
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 28 2011 11:40 AM ET
Former Major League Baseball player Jose Canseco played a gay Argentinian fiancé in an episode of The Celebrity Apprentice.
TV Squad reports on the videophone commercial filmed by Team Backbone. Canseco played “Pablo,” who is engaged to marry “Tommy.”
The team of men erupted into laughter when the commercial was finished. Gay reality TV star Richard Hatch celebrated Canseco as “one good-looking fellow.”
Canseco seemed as anxious as amused about the performance, telling the camera his fear that, “If my father sees this, he’s gonna basically kill me.”
The Cuban baseball star spent the bulk of his career with the Oakland A’s and was a notable power hitter. He later acknowledged his use of anabolic steroids in a book.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- How Selena Inspired Her Gay Impersonator to Bidi Bidi Bom Bom