Canseco Gay on
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 28 2011 10:40 AM ET
Former Major League Baseball player Jose Canseco played a gay Argentinian fiancé in an episode of The Celebrity Apprentice.
TV Squad reports on the videophone commercial filmed by Team Backbone. Canseco played “Pablo,” who is engaged to marry “Tommy.”
The team of men erupted into laughter when the commercial was finished. Gay reality TV star Richard Hatch celebrated Canseco as “one good-looking fellow.”
Canseco seemed as anxious as amused about the performance, telling the camera his fear that, “If my father sees this, he’s gonna basically kill me.”
The Cuban baseball star spent the bulk of his career with the Oakland A’s and was a notable power hitter. He later acknowledged his use of anabolic steroids in a book.
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Follow 24 Hours in LGBT America 9 min 48 sec ago
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: Russian Doll? 2 hours 51 min ago
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 7:00 AM
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 6:30 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 5:00 AM
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 4:00 AM
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM