BY Brandon Voss
December 02 2011 4:00 PM ET
4. DVD: Our Idiot Brother
Jesse Peretz’s terrific little ensemble comedy stars Paul Rudd as a lovable pot-smoking man-child — and an annoying nightmare for his three uptight sisters, played by Elizabeth Banks, Emily Mortimer, and Zooey Deschanel. New Girl’s Deschanel is as adorkable as ever as Natalie, a bisexual hipster who’s unfaithful to her loyal girlfriend Cindy, a boyish lesbian lawyer played with gusto by Parks and Recreation’s Rashida Jones.
3. MUSIC: Liquid Diet
Disbanded Whore’s Mascara vocalists Billy Hanson (pictured) and Georgia Haege have joined forces with Electronathan to create sexy nouveau-disco trio Liquid Diet, kinky cool kids who crank out seriously infectious tunes like a dreamy electro cover of George Michael’s “Father Figure” and refreshingly witty, flirty, narcissistic, super-gay party tracks “Nude” and “Hand Dance.” Sample their music at SoundCloud.com/LiquidDiet.
2. FILM: Shame
Steve McQueen’s intense and provocative psychosexual drama stars full-frontal-friendly Michael Fassbender (X-Men: First Class) as Brandon, a magnetically repulsive 30-something sex addict who hoards porn and prowls Manhattan for tawdry hookups, getting more and more out of control as he deals with his emotionally damaged sister (Carey Mulligan) — and as evidenced by his indulgence in a gay bar’s backroom, he doesn’t discriminate.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad