BY Jeremy Kinser
April 01 2012 9:10 AM ET
10. FILM: The Deep Blue Sea
The venerable Terence Rattigan play, likely inspired by an episode in his own life when his male lover left him for another man, was previously made into a stagy, melodramatic 1955 film starring Vivien Leigh. Out director Terence Davies has created his own stunningly sensual and thoroughly cinematic adaptation and coaxed a superb performance from Rachel Weisz as married Hester Collyer, whose passion for a younger lover leads to misfortune. Now playing in select theaters.
9. DVD: Del Shores: My Sordid Life
If you’re familiar with Sordid Lives, you already know that creator Del Shores is quite a storyteller, but you might not know that he’s an impressive raconteur without the mask of his colorful Southern characters. This recording of his hilarious 30-city U.S. tour features politically incorrect observations, dishy Hollywood anecdotes, and dressing room high jinks with pals including Leslie Jordan. To order visit BreakingGlassPictures.com.
8. EVENT: Beneath the Sheets
Cazwell, Misnomer(S), and Martin Théberge will perform as Logo's Jonathan D. Lovitz and Oxygen's Jenna Russo cohost this fund-raiser for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS and Sal Bardo's short film Chaser, which aims to raise awareness about the complacency surrounding the topic of unsafe sex and HIV/AIDS. Tonight at New York City's Players Club. For tickets go here.
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book