Brides of Sodom Star Domiziano Arcangeli Brings Homoeroticism To Horror
BY Daniel Reynolds
January 28 2013 5:00 AM ET
Sex. Vampires. A cast of gay porn stars. The Brides of Sodom, the new film about a post-apocalyptic world overrun by supernatural predators (out tomorrow on VOD, DVD, and in select theaters), has enough homoerotic thrills to cast a twilight on True Blood. In the steamy trailer, washboard abs flash between scenes of blood and gore, which set the scene for forbidden, same-sex love between a human and a vampire.
“Porn stars—a lot of gay porn stars—and me,” joked leading man Domiziano Arcangeli, who locked lips with co-star — and adult entertainer — David Taylor, in the trailer. It's his second film this month to make gay waves. His other, Scenes from a Gay Marriage, is a gay romantic comedy that was the top pre-ordered DVD in the U.S. last week at TLAVideo.com.
Arcangeli is no stranger to film, especially horror. The Italian-born actor, writer, and producer has appeared in 145 films, including such gruesome titles as Orgy of Blood, House of Flesh Mannequins, and Silent Night, Zombie Night. He is also no stranger to portraying gay characters, including his turn as a flamboyant stylist in the sexy 2002 Showtime series ChromiumBlue.com.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Gay Politics - Marriage Equality, Gay Rights, Anti-Discrimination
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 1 hour 41 min ago
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM