Brides of Sodom Star Domiziano Arcangeli Brings Homoeroticism To Horror
BY Daniel Reynolds
January 28 2013 5:00 AM ET
Sex. Vampires. A cast of gay porn stars. The Brides of Sodom, the new film about a post-apocalyptic world overrun by supernatural predators (out tomorrow on VOD, DVD, and in select theaters), has enough homoerotic thrills to cast a twilight on True Blood. In the steamy trailer, washboard abs flash between scenes of blood and gore, which set the scene for forbidden, same-sex love between a human and a vampire.
“Porn stars—a lot of gay porn stars—and me,” joked leading man Domiziano Arcangeli, who locked lips with co-star — and adult entertainer — David Taylor, in the trailer. It's his second film this month to make gay waves. His other, Scenes from a Gay Marriage, is a gay romantic comedy that was the top pre-ordered DVD in the U.S. last week at TLAVideo.com.
Arcangeli is no stranger to film, especially horror. The Italian-born actor, writer, and producer has appeared in 145 films, including such gruesome titles as Orgy of Blood, House of Flesh Mannequins, and Silent Night, Zombie Night. He is also no stranger to portraying gay characters, including his turn as a flamboyant stylist in the sexy 2002 Showtime series ChromiumBlue.com.
- Media WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer' 11 min 2 sec ago
- Travel First Same-Sex Couple to Wed at Roman Baths 53 min 45 sec ago
- Politics S.C. House OKs Cuts to Colleges With LGBT Curricula 1 hour 3 min ago
- Travel Brooklyn-Bound Girls Bus Tour Being Floated 1 hour 30 min ago
- Sports Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets 1 hour 37 min ago
- Theater Adam Shankman to Helm Hair at Hollywood Bowl 1 hour 44 min ago
- Women Out Musician Soko On Being a Part of 'First Kiss' Viral Video 1 hour 49 min ago