Stay In, Eat Up, Make Out
BY Michelle Garcia
February 14 2012 6:38 PM ET
Forget about calories — the way to a person's heart is through his or her stomach. Whether you're trying to woo your special someone, or reminding that person that you love him or her, this great meal from Chef Lou Lambert, author of Big Ranch, Big City: Recipes from Lambert's Texas Kitchens should seal the deal. He doesn't love to cook at home since he spends his work days in the kitchen, but Valentine's Day is one of those special occasions where he doesn't mind whipping out the pots and pans for his husband, James.
"[Valentine's Day] is the one day of the year that I can give a little back to James for putting up with being married to a chef for the last 16 years. It’s the one day of the year that he gets breakfast in bed and a spectacular dinner party, but only for the two of us," he says."I always plan the menu around foods with bold flavors using recipes that don’t have to be prepared and finished at the last minute. This dinner is about spending time with my man, not hours in the kitchen."
Like Lambert says, Valentine's Day is the day to show your love and appreciation. Show your significant other that you care with this delicious three-course dinner. You can, um, burn off the calories later.
Get the complete menu and recipes from Chef Lambert on the following pages.
- Media WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer' 17 min 2 sec ago
- Travel First Same-Sex Couple to Wed at Roman Baths 59 min 45 sec ago
- Politics S.C. House OKs Cuts to Colleges With LGBT Curricula 1 hour 9 min ago
- Travel Brooklyn-Bound Girls Bus Tour Being Floated 1 hour 36 min ago
- Sports Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets 1 hour 43 min ago
- Theater Adam Shankman to Helm Hair at Hollywood Bowl 1 hour 50 min ago
- Women Out Musician Soko On Being a Part of 'First Kiss' Viral Video 1 hour 55 min ago