Hot Sheet: Fund-Raisin' in the Sun
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 12 2013 5:35 PM ET
2. THEATER: The Laramie Project, Ten Years Later
Ten years after the murder of gay college student Matthew Shepard, members of New York’s Tectonic Theater Project returned to Laramie, Wyo., to create a follow-up to their landmark play The Laramie Project. Ten Years Later looks at what had and hadn’t changed in Laramie since Shepard’s brutal murder in 1998, an event that raised national awareness of homophobic hate crimes. The play gets its first Los Angeles production, opening tonight at the L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center’s Davidson/Valentini Theatre. There will be performances every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday through November 16. Go here for tickets and info.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Amber Heard: 'I Don’t Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'