Hot Sheet: Fund-Raisin' in the Sun
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 12 2013 5:35 PM ET
2. THEATER: The Laramie Project, Ten Years Later
Ten years after the murder of gay college student Matthew Shepard, members of New York’s Tectonic Theater Project returned to Laramie, Wyo., to create a follow-up to their landmark play The Laramie Project. Ten Years Later looks at what had and hadn’t changed in Laramie since Shepard’s brutal murder in 1998, an event that raised national awareness of homophobic hate crimes. The play gets its first Los Angeles production, opening tonight at the L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center’s Davidson/Valentini Theatre. There will be performances every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday through November 16. Go here for tickets and info.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word