Hot Sheet: Here, Here
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 20 2014 7:17 PM ET
4. BOOK: It's Complicated: The Social Lives of Networked Teens by danah boyd
If you've been wondering what the effects of growing up in a completely wired and connected world, danah boyd's new book will undoubtedly fascinate you. Is it healthy for kids to share so much of their lives through Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram? Are they being opened up to even more bullying? boyd uses research from the past decade to answer these pertinent questions and several others. Yale University Press, $25. — Michelle Garcia
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- WATCH: To Rand Paul, Marriage Equality Signals 'Moral Crisis'