The Best of “It Gets Better”
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 04 2010 3:15 PM ET
Dan Savage launched the “It Gets Better” campaign in late September after 15-year-old Billy Lucas hanged himself in response to antigay bullying from his classmates. In the two weeks since, suicide among LGBT teenagers has become headline news across the country, and more than 500 people have submitted videos to Savage’s project. Each submission tells its own incredible story, but recognizing that not everyone has the time to view all of them, Advocate staffers picked 17 of their favorites to share (embedded on the following pages). Want to see more or submit your own video? Check out the "It Gets Better" YouTube page.
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Which State's Marriage Equality Proposal Will Make SCOTUS Say 'I Do?'