Geraldo Rivera Suspects Homeland Security Is Run by 'Lesbian Cabal'
BY Sunnivie Brydum
August 17 2012 2:13 PM ET
On Fox News' Fox and Friends this morning, Geraldo Rivera suggested that Janet Napolitano and a "lesbian cabal" are leading a "same-sex takeover" of the Department of Homeland Security.
Rivera was discussing a recent lawsuit alleging that Napolitano passed up a male employee at Immigration and Customs Enforcement in favor of a female employee with whom Napolitano had worked previously.
"Is the subtext of the Department of Homeland Security scandal that there is some kind of lesbian cabal," Rivera asked his co-hosts out of the blue. "It just seems like everyone is talking around it. Is that really what people are saying? That men are disadvantaged and that women, specifically lesbians, are ruling the roost there?"
Fox and Friends cohost Brian Kilmeade responded, "I don't know, but it's easy to come to that conclusion — that there's some sort of different type of glass ceiling separating the Homeland Security Department."
Watch the entire exchange below, including Gretchen Carlson's unsuccessful efforts to get the men to stop making sexist remarks about the manly things not allowed at DHS and move on to a new subject.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- PHOTOS: Six Stabbed at Jerusalem Pride March
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series