LISTEN: Barbra Streisand's New Single
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 28 2012 8:07 PM ET
"I Think It's Going to Rain Today," the first single from Barbra Streisand's upcoming album of music from her personal vaults, has been released.
Release Me, the legendary entertainer's next album, contains songs from a cross section of Streisand's career from 1963 to the present that have been stored in her personal vault and never official available to the public until now. "I Think It's Going to Rain Today" was recorded in 1971 during the sessions for Streisand's landmark Stoney End album and features the song's composer, Randy Newman, accompanying her on the piano.
Last week Streisand released a statement about the new collection, saying, “The thing I’m happiest about is that I still have great affection for all these songs. They appealed to me at the time … and still do. Listening now, I actually think to myself, ‘The girl wasn’t half bad.’” Release Me will be available on vinyl September 25 and CD and MP3 download on October 9. Pre-order the album here.
Listen to "I Think It's Going to Rain Today" below.
- Op-ed: Why Cindy McCain Really Is a 'Hero'
- Man of Steel: A Gay Allegory For Our Time
- PHOTOS: Baltimore's First Pride With Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: French Photographer Fights Homophobia With 'Imaginary Couples'
- No Marriage Rulings From Supremes Today
- WATCH: For Father's Day, This 10-Year-Old Wants Job Security for Her Gay Dads
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel PHOTOS: L.A.'s Favorite Park Reopens After $45M Renovation June 17 2013 8:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Series Easy Abby Season Finale June 17 2013 8:16 PM
- Women Melissa Etheridge Says Angelina Jolie Made 'Fearful Choice' on Breast Cancer June 17 2013 6:46 PM
- Entertainment News NYC Gay Bar Gets Reality Show... June 17 2013 6:09 PM
- Women Duh: Ellen DeGeneres Is Still Most Recognizable Gay American June 17 2013 6:07 PM
- Sports Greg Louganis is Getting Married June 17 2013 6:06 PM
- Religion Gay Catholics Turn Their Backs to Cardinal Who Compared LGBT Equality to KKK June 17 2013 5:20 PM