Madonna Says She'll Share a Stage with Lady Gaga
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 17 2012 7:56 PM ET
Madonna says she loves Lady Gaga, dedicated her award-winning song "Masterpiece" to her, and said she will one day share a stage with her fellow pop superstar.
During her concert in Atlantic City last Saturday, Madonna, who has taken aim at Gaga in the past for, among other reasons, her feeling that the anthemic "Born This Way" was a "reductive" version of her own 1989 hit "Express Yourself," revealed she's let bygones be bygones. Before performing "Masterpiece," the Golden Globe-winning theme from her film W.E., Madonna extended an olive branch, of sorts.
"I'm going to dedicate this next song … to Lady Gaga," Madonna announced. "You wanna know something? I love her. I love her. I do love her. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. But one day, very soon, we're going to be on stage together. Just you wait. You think I'm kidding? I love Lady Gaga."
- Commentary Op-ed: No One Is Invincible 31 min 21 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: NOM Can’t Shut Me Down 31 min 44 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS Everything You Need to Know About PrEP 35 min 31 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Transmit HIV Through Oral Sex? 47 min 17 sec ago
- Current Issue Derek Jarman's Alternative to The New Gay Credo 1 hour 30 min ago
- Archives From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69 1 hour 32 min ago
- Religion Op-Ed: Pope's Legacy Will Be That He's Willing to Listen 4:00 AM