Madonna Says She'll Share a Stage with Lady Gaga
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 17 2012 7:56 PM ET
Madonna says she loves Lady Gaga, dedicated her award-winning song "Masterpiece" to her, and said she will one day share a stage with her fellow pop superstar.
During her concert in Atlantic City last Saturday, Madonna, who has taken aim at Gaga in the past for, among other reasons, her feeling that the anthemic "Born This Way" was a "reductive" version of her own 1989 hit "Express Yourself," revealed she's let bygones be bygones. Before performing "Masterpiece," the Golden Globe-winning theme from her film W.E., Madonna extended an olive branch, of sorts.
"I'm going to dedicate this next song … to Lady Gaga," Madonna announced. "You wanna know something? I love her. I love her. I do love her. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. But one day, very soon, we're going to be on stage together. Just you wait. You think I'm kidding? I love Lady Gaga."
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word