WATCH: Gay Men's Chorus Dedicates Carol To Sandy Hook Victims
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 22 2012 2:26 PM ET
The Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles dedicated a Christmas carol to the families of Newtown, Conn., where a gunman killed 26 people — 20 of whom were children at Sandy Hook Elementary School — last week.
The GMCLA was joined by 46 elementary school students from Creative Planet School of the Arts to perform "Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy," as made famous by David Bowie and Bing Crosby.
The December 15 performance was preceded by a message reading, "The Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles and students from the Creative Planet School of the Arts dedicate this performance to the families of Newtown, Connecticut and to those whose lives have been changed forever. Our hearts are with you. Let there be peace."
Watch the performance below.
- Commentary Op-ed: The Policies Keeping Trans People From Military Service 2 hours 31 min ago
- Politics A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade 3:00 AM
- Love and Sex WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video 2:19 AM
- Religion LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades 2:10 AM
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade March 16 2014 5:34 PM
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? March 16 2014 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? March 16 2014 1:12 PM