WATCH: Gay Men's Chorus Dedicates Carol To Sandy Hook Victims
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 22 2012 2:26 PM ET
The Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles dedicated a Christmas carol to the families of Newtown, Conn., where a gunman killed 26 people — 20 of whom were children at Sandy Hook Elementary School — last week.
The GMCLA was joined by 46 elementary school students from Creative Planet School of the Arts to perform "Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy," as made famous by David Bowie and Bing Crosby.
The December 15 performance was preceded by a message reading, "The Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles and students from the Creative Planet School of the Arts dedicate this performance to the families of Newtown, Connecticut and to those whose lives have been changed forever. Our hearts are with you. Let there be peace."
Watch the performance below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Can Marc Carson's Murder Have as Much Impact as Matthew Shepard's? 29 min 37 sec ago
- Music The Comeback: ABBA's Agnetha Fältskog 49 min 35 sec ago
- Travel 10 of Europe's Gayest Beaches 2 hours 6 min ago
- Current Issue The South's Longer Wait for Equality 4:00 AM
- Current Issue Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You 4:00 AM
- Current Issue The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue 4:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM