In cities around the world, both gay men's choruses and mixed LGBT choral groups have established themselves as holiday traditions. These 12 selections range from heart-rending to eye rolling. But it wouldn't be the holidays without them.
Plus: A bonus selection at the end — the most moving of all.
12. "Hallelujah Chorus" from Handel's Messiah — Gay Men's Chorus South Florida (2012)
It's great to hear the most classic Christmas song of all. Always powerful and always moving. Thanks, GMC South Florida.
11. "In the Spirit" — The Fort Lauderdale Gay Men's Chorus Christmas Concert (2012)
This is the first of the more challenging holiday numbers. Pardon the camera work, since Aunt Sophie may have had too many hot toddies before the night began. And c'mon, gays, we can make better elf costumes than that.
10. "Black Christmas" — Gay Men's Chorus of Washington, D.C. (2012)
This is what we're talkin' about, folks. Sweet, funny, and original. We are the unexpected voice.
9. "Chanukah in Santa Monica" — The Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles (2011)
Right on! Remember this season is more than a birthday party and you will laugh out loud.
8. "Christmas Greetings" — Sydney Gay and Lesbian Choir (2013)
Congratulations to our Aussie friends on recent marriage equality rulings! In this video, they rub our noses in the fact that Christmas happens in summer Down Under.