Rapper Blames Kanye for 'Queering' Hip-Hop
BY Michelle Garcia
February 05 2013 3:34 PM ET
Rapper Lord Jamar takes issue with Kanye West's fashion choices, and shared his thoughts on a song mocking the rapper titled "Lift Up Your Skirt."
Lord Jamar calls West's fashion choices "queer s---" on the song released online on Monday. West has a fashion line, is known for extravagant garb, and wore a kilt onstage during his Watch the Throne tour and 12-12-12 shows. Lord Jamar also tweeted, "Yes, let's not call this DISS TRACK...it's a FACTS TRACK #LiftUpYourSkirt"
However, after media and followers fired back at Lord Jamar, he countered that he "never said Kanye was gay" and that he has "nothing against Kanye as a musician or a person."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- Rep. Steve King Wants Congress to Denounce Supreme Court's Marriage Equality Ruling
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality