Rapper Blames Kanye for 'Queering' Hip-Hop
BY Michelle Garcia
February 05 2013 3:34 PM ET
Rapper Lord Jamar takes issue with Kanye West's fashion choices, and shared his thoughts on a song mocking the rapper titled "Lift Up Your Skirt."
Lord Jamar calls West's fashion choices "queer s---" on the song released online on Monday. West has a fashion line, is known for extravagant garb, and wore a kilt onstage during his Watch the Throne tour and 12-12-12 shows. Lord Jamar also tweeted, "Yes, let's not call this DISS TRACK...it's a FACTS TRACK #LiftUpYourSkirt"
However, after media and followers fired back at Lord Jamar, he countered that he "never said Kanye was gay" and that he has "nothing against Kanye as a musician or a person."
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples
- Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 March 14 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages March 14 2014 6:39 PM
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? March 14 2014 5:30 PM
- Media Vox Editor in Chief Defends Hiring of 'Homophobic' Gay Writer March 14 2014 4:37 PM
- Health HHS Orders Insurers to Cover All Married Same-Sex Couples March 14 2014 4:14 PM