Rapper Blames Kanye for 'Queering' Hip-Hop
BY Michelle Garcia
February 05 2013 3:34 PM ET
Rapper Lord Jamar takes issue with Kanye West's fashion choices, and shared his thoughts on a song mocking the rapper titled "Lift Up Your Skirt."
Lord Jamar calls West's fashion choices "queer s---" on the song released online on Monday. West has a fashion line, is known for extravagant garb, and wore a kilt onstage during his Watch the Throne tour and 12-12-12 shows. Lord Jamar also tweeted, "Yes, let's not call this DISS TRACK...it's a FACTS TRACK #LiftUpYourSkirt"
However, after media and followers fired back at Lord Jamar, he countered that he "never said Kanye was gay" and that he has "nothing against Kanye as a musician or a person."
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Giants Pitcher Jeremy Affeldt Shares His Evolution on Homophobia
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel WATCH: Flash Mob Gay Marriage Proposal in Central Park 14 min 45 sec ago
- Women Cannes is Abuzz About Blue is the Warmest Color's Explicit Lesbian Sex Scenes 36 min 38 sec ago
- Sports Giants Pitcher Jeremy Affeldt Shares His Evolution on Homophobia 1 hour 3 min ago
- Youth Disney Exec Named Head of GLSEN Board 2 hours 6 sec ago
- Transgender Transgender High School Senior Skips His Graduation 2 hours 17 sec ago
- Books Q&A Quickie: Justin Hernandez, from Gay Stripper to Naked Author 2 hours 5 min ago
- Women Todd Haynes To Direct Blanchett/Wasikowska in Patricia Highsmith Lesbian Potboiler 2 hours 20 min ago