Jim Parsons Reveals He's Gay In NY Times Profile
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 23 2012 1:51 PM ET
Award-winning actor Jim Parsons reveals he's gay and in a 10-year relationship, according to a New York Times profile.
Parsons, best-known as Sheldon Cooper on the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory, discusses his work in last year's production of The Normal Heart, Larry Kramer's searing chronicle of the AIDS epidemic in New York City during the early 1980s. The Times' Patrick Healy writes, "The Normal Heart resonated with him on a few levels: Mr. Parsons is gay and in a 10-year relationship..."
The 39-year-old actor publicly thanked his partner Todd Spiewak from the podium of the Golden Globe awards ceremony while accepting the trophy for best actor in a comedy series.
Parsons, who will recreate his role in Normal Heart in director Ryan Murphy's forthcoming film adaptation, is currently headlining the revival of the classic comedy Harvey as Elwood P. Dowd which will open June 14 at New York's Studio 54 theatre.
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Italy: Restaurant Fires Server for Printing Antigay Slur on Check
- WATCH: Men Claim Mailman Won't Deliver Because They're Gay