Paris Hilton Says Most Gay Men Have AIDS
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 20 2012 11:24 AM ET UPDATED: September 20 2012 3:22 PM ET
Heiress Paris Hilton has been caught on tape saying that gay guys are "disgusting" and "most of them probably have AIDS."
Blogger Perez Hilton says a source close to Paris reached out to him saying the audio recording was "tampered with" by the cab driver who recorded the conversation between the socialite and her gay male friend.
Perez writes: "Our insider explained to us that this convo was recorded while Paris and her gay friends were taking a cab during Fashion’s Night Out. While the source concedes that she and her pals were “obviously wasted,” the source explains that Paris’s friends were actually just concerned about a friend of theirs in Spain who knowingly has AIDS, but still has unprotected sex with people and doesn’t tell them! When Paris’s pals went on to share that this Spanish friend was also actively seeking sexual partners online for unprotected sex, that’s when the comments of these types of actions being 'gross' and 'disgusting' came into play. According to our insider, Paris’s comments were directed towards one reckless individual, not the community at large.
In regards to the recording, we’re told the cab driver 'tampered with the tape, cut up conversation and only used small part of the conversation.' Obviously, leaving out the initial part about the irresponsible friend of her friend makes Paris seem equally as ignorant, but such is just not the case. We’ve been assured that not only is Paris beside herself over this whole ordeal, but considering that 80% of her friends are gay, she feels this is 'beyond lame.'"
RadarOnline reports that the conversation was recorded by a cab driver in New York September 7 while Hilton was a passenger along with her male friend, who is openly gay, and discussing Grindr, a social app.
"Say I log into Grindr, someone that's on Grindr can be in that building and it tells you all the locations of where they are and you can be like, 'Yo, you wanna fuck?' and he might be on like, the sixth floor," the unidentified male says.
"Ewww. Eww. To get fucked? Gay guys are the horniest people in the world," Hilton replies. "They're disgusting. Dude, most of them probably have AIDS." Later she adds, "I would be so scared if I were a gay guy. You'll like, die of AIDS."
Hilton's spokesperson released the following statement to Radar in an attempt to defend the comments:
"Paris Hilton’s comments were to express that it is dangerous for anyone to have unprotected sex that could lead to a life threatening disease. The conversation became heated, after a close gayfriend told her in a cab ride, a story about a gay man who has AIDS and is knowingly having unprotected sex. He also discussed a website that encourages random sex by gay men with strangers. As she was being shown the website her comments were in reference to those people promoting themselves on the site. The cab driver who recorded this, only provided a portion of the conversation. It was not her intent to make any derogatory comments about all gays. Paris Hilton is a huge supporter of the gay community and would never purposefully make any negative statements about anyone’s sexual orientation.”
Listen to the NSFW audio here.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 57 min 11 sec ago
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 1 hour 31 min ago
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 1 hour 31 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 1 hour 31 min ago
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? May 21 2013 10:00 PM