A Worldwide Day of Protest Against Discrimination
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 17 2013 12:59 PM ET
Police officers cordon off an area in central Tbilisi, Georgia, where members of the Orthodox Church and antigay activists gathered today for a counterdemonstration against an International Day Against Homophobia rally. Homosexuality is still highly stigmatized in Georgia, a deeply conservative ex-Soviet republic in the Caucasus where the Orthodox Church retains immense clout.
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'