A Worldwide Day of Protest Against Discrimination
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 17 2013 1:59 PM ET
Police officers cordon off an area in central Tbilisi, Georgia, where members of the Orthodox Church and antigay activists gathered today for a counterdemonstration against an International Day Against Homophobia rally. Homosexuality is still highly stigmatized in Georgia, a deeply conservative ex-Soviet republic in the Caucasus where the Orthodox Church retains immense clout.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere