Auction Features NYC Gay Pride Photos Taken by Andy Warhol
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2013 12:32 PM ET
Members Only: Eyes on the Guise is Christie’s new global, online-only auction of original works by legendary gay pop artist Andy Warhol.
The sale, which features more than 200 photographs, prints, and drawings "that offer insight into Warhol's exclusive and intimate world," opened last week and will run through June 27 to coincide with Gay Pride Month.
Among the photos listed are several snapshots Warhol took during the 1984 Gay Pride Parade in New York City as well as several pictures taken on the beach or on Fire Island between 1982 and 1984.
ANDY WARHOL (1928-1987)
Gay Pride Parade
Dated June 26, 1984 (on the reverse)
Unique gelatin silver print
8 x 10 in. (20.3 x 25.4 cm.)
Executed in 1984.
© The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts Inc.
- Television First Look: OITNB Season 2 12 min 51 sec ago
- Transgender 'Tranny Awards' Changes Its Name, Not Its Nature 43 min 4 sec ago
- Love and Sex WATCH: 20 Strangers Kiss for the First Time 45 min 38 sec ago
- Women Why You Need to See Demi Lovato's Neon Lights Tour STAT 51 min 51 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Young Repubs Express Big Support for Marriage Equality 1 hour 11 min ago
- Television Teen Wolf Adds Gay Character, Expands Lacrosse Team 1 hour 15 min ago
- Women 5 Reasons to Watch CW's Arrow and 'Quiver!' 1 hour 15 min ago