BY Michael Fairman
September 05 2009 9:50 AM ET
The Daytime Emmys have come and gone, and many of Advocate.com’s darlings were there with me on the red carpet and some in the winners circle, and yes, I will get to the Guiding Light Tribute and the package, in a moment.
First off… congratulations to Tamara Braun for her victory as Outstanding Supporting Actress for her role as Ava on Days of our Lives. You can see our red carpet Emmy interview here! In the press room, I told Tamara and the room full of reporters that her Advocate.com fans are very excited for her. She replied, “Tell them I say, “Hi.” You know, daytime has the best fan base in the world and the advertisers really need to take a look at that. They follow the people they love, where ever they go, if they love you… not only as a character, but as an actor, and they are the most unique and wonderful people.”
I had the distinct pleasure of interviewing One Life to Live’s Mark Lawson (Brody) and Brett Claywell (Kyle) during the red carpet festivities. All I can say is ….CUTE! Claywell talks about KISH’s Kiss and how he felt about playing gay. Check out Part 1 and Part 2 of the interview here and here. I won’t spoil it. So, watch the clips!
Van Hansis, our Luke from ATWT, lost in the Supporting Actor category. However, I did take a moment with him to compliment him on his amazing reel, in which Noah decides to take a break from Luke and move out of their living arrangement, and Luke desperately tries to hold on to him. Well, you can see what I had to say to Hansis about it all here!
For all my coverage of the Red Carpet video interviews with soap hotties, Cameron Mathison, Shawn Christian, Mark Hapka, Galen Gering, Eric Martsolf, Jay Johnson, Daniel Goddard and more, go to my On-Air On-Soaps complete Emmy Mini-site coverage. Once there, make sure to check out DAYS Lauren Koslow’s (Kate) fashion review and her picks for The Men on Fire on the red carpet. And if you want to see what goes on behind the scenes, and relive Emmy winning moments from Sunday, make sure to check out the Press Room winner’s clips as well.
Now to the Guiding Light Tribute; as the designated producer of the tribute package, many now know the controversy over the 1:34 second package that was aired on Emmy night, when I originally produced a four minute package that the show refused to air. But there is more to the story. What happened behind the scenes? And why were certain beloved other characters not in the entire piece? Make sure to listen to next week’s Daytime Confidential’s CBS/DAYS Podcast when I try to answers all your questions and tell Jamey and Luke the story. To view the originally intended four minute GL tribute version and concept, go here.
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- PHOTOS: Pride From France to Italy to Greece
- Dallas Councilwoman Objects to "Homosexual Conduct" in HIV Testing Billboard
- Study: Same-Sex Couples Suffer Discrimination in Rental Market
- Latest News
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 26 min 6 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 49 min 39 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 2 hours 10 min ago
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 2 hours 29 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 2 hours 35 min ago
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 2 hours 50 min ago
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 5:33 PM