Bristol Palin, Showrunner Say Child Used Other F Word
BY Trudy Ring
July 24 2012 2:22 PM ET
Bristol Palin says her 3-year-old son, Tripp, did not say “faggot” but the other f word on a moment captured on tape for her reality show, and the program’s showrunner corroborates this.
“It is the honest-to-God truth,” showrunner Matt Lutz told The Advocate. “He doesn’t know that word. They don’t throw that word around in front of him.”
A clip from Bristol Palin: Life’s a Tripp was posted on YouTube last week showing the toddler arguing with his mother and aunt Willow in a hotel room. At one point he says to Willow, “Go away, you [bleeped word],” and the poster captioned it with the word "faggot" on screen. The clip was then picked up widely by media, including The Advocate, which reported that the word used was “faggot.”
In an uncensored version of the clip sent by Lutz to The Advocate, it does appear that Tripp says “fuckin” or some variant of “fuck.” “We never in a million years could have imagined that anybody would have thought he said ‘faggot,’” Lutz said. (The Advocate does not have permission to share the clip.)
Bristol Palin addressed the matter on her blog Monday, saying her son “used a different ‘f word,’” and she said she is “not proud of what he did say.” The Lifetime network’s crew “caught a moment on film that would cause any parent to be red in the face,” she added. She also accused “lefty papers” of wanting to “label” her son.
The family of former vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin was entangled with the gay slur in the past, however. A few years ago Willow Palin was caught using it on Facebook against a schoolmate who criticized her mother’s reality show, Sarah Palin’s Alaska.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 59 min 33 sec ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 1 hour 44 min ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 2 hours 55 min ago
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 2 hours 58 min ago
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM
- Travel Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples 5:07 PM