Ann Romney's Favorite Show Is Gay-Inclusive Modern Family
BY Michelle Garcia
August 28 2012 7:13 PM ET
Potential first lady Ann Romney may have said that her favorite TV shows is Modern Family, but show creator Steve Levitan had something to say about it.
Romney, wife of Republican candidate Mitt Romney, told Entertainment Tonight that her favorite show is Modern Family, which includes a gay couple, played by Jesse Tyler Ferguson, and Eric Stonestreet, and their daughter, portrayed by Aubrey Anderson-Emmons.
Levitan tweeted earlier Tuesday, "Thrilled Ann Romney says ModFam is her favorite show. We'll offer her the role of officiant at Mitch & Cam's wedding. As soon as it's legal."
Romney's husband in the 1990s indicated that he would be a stronger proponent of gay rights than his then-U.S. Senate opponent Ted Kennedy, but has since shifted many of his positions to be less LGBT-friendly.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- The Media Pioneers Will Be Gay
- LGBT Groups, Conservatives Outraged As Straight Mates Marry for Rugby Tickets
- WATCH: The 'Apparently' Kid Tells Ellen His New Favorite Word