Ann Romney's Favorite Show Is Gay-Inclusive Modern Family
BY Michelle Garcia
August 28 2012 7:13 PM ET
Potential first lady Ann Romney may have said that her favorite TV shows is Modern Family, but show creator Steve Levitan had something to say about it.
Romney, wife of Republican candidate Mitt Romney, told Entertainment Tonight that her favorite show is Modern Family, which includes a gay couple, played by Jesse Tyler Ferguson, and Eric Stonestreet, and their daughter, portrayed by Aubrey Anderson-Emmons.
Levitan tweeted earlier Tuesday, "Thrilled Ann Romney says ModFam is her favorite show. We'll offer her the role of officiant at Mitch & Cam's wedding. As soon as it's legal."
Romney's husband in the 1990s indicated that he would be a stronger proponent of gay rights than his then-U.S. Senate opponent Ted Kennedy, but has since shifted many of his positions to be less LGBT-friendly.
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia 54 min 27 sec ago
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men 2:52 PM
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant 11:57 AM
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 4:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM