LGBT Filmmakers and New Frontiers
BY Christopher Rudolph
February 21 2013 5:00 AM ET
If you miss the shirtless bloodsuckers of The Lair, or feel you could create the next Dante’s Cove, then Here TV wants to hear from you. Here TV (which owns The Advocate and its sister properties) is celebrating its tenth anniversary this year by looking back at a decade of groundbreaking programming, and by also looking to the future with a new foundation to help up-and-coming LGBT filmmakers.
The New Frontiers Film Project is the rare occasion when a television network asks its audience to submit their own finished film and television projects to be featured on the network. If your submission is considered by Here, it may be shown on the air and would give new filmmakers a chance to show their art to a large audience like never before. The selected programming will air throughout 2013 on Here TV across all its cable and web platforms.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding