Stephen Colbert Apologizes to Gays
BY Jase Peeples
November 06 2013 2:12 PM ET
Past research has found male insects regularly engage in same-sex courting and mating. But a new study released in October is claiming these interactions are accidental and occur only because insects are in a rush to reproduce and don’t have time for things like checking the gender of their potential mate.
Once Stephen Colbert learned of the accidental buggering bugs theory, he immediately took the chance update his views on homosexuality and apologize to “the gays” in last night’s episode of The Colbert Report.
“Now I know you weren’t born gay,” Colbert joked. “Somewhere down the road you just had a same-sex ‘attraccident.’”
Watch the full hilarious segment in the video below.
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- Suicides, Antigay Accusations Sully Elite San Diego School
- WATCH: Ted Cruz, Glenn Beck Think Marriage Equality Has Destroyed the Constitution
- WATCH: Kids React to Same-Sex Marriage Ruling