Stephen Colbert Apologizes to Gays
BY Jase Peeples
November 06 2013 2:12 PM ET
Past research has found male insects regularly engage in same-sex courting and mating. But a new study released in October is claiming these interactions are accidental and occur only because insects are in a rush to reproduce and don’t have time for things like checking the gender of their potential mate.
Once Stephen Colbert learned of the accidental buggering bugs theory, he immediately took the chance update his views on homosexuality and apologize to “the gays” in last night’s episode of The Colbert Report.
“Now I know you weren’t born gay,” Colbert joked. “Somewhere down the road you just had a same-sex ‘attraccident.’”
Watch the full hilarious segment in the video below.
- Hillary Clinton's Rainbow Logo Leads Politicians Proclaiming 'Love Can't Wait'
- PHOTOS: The Scene at the Supreme Court As Marriage Equality is Considered
- See Where the Nation Stands On Marriage Equality — In One Graphic
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: Hosting Ted Cruz Isn't Just Offensive to LGBT People
- Marriage Equality Only Happened Because Grassroots Refused to Wait