BY Nick Adams
April 05 2010 2:05 PM ET
Broadway performer Nick Adams survived his third and fourth weeks of rehearsals for the upcoming revival of La Cage Aux Folles (opening at the Longacre Theater in New York on April 18) and brings The Advocate along for the ride.
Week three of the extravaganza that is La Cage aux Folles rehearsal took the show on the road: The Cagelles went on a field trip together. With signed permission slips in tow, we boarded a shuttle bus and traveled up to Yonkers to rehearse in a scenic shop. Here we found a massive welded birdcage inside of a cold cement garage. It was here in Yonkers where we learned choreography that crucially involves the cage—pole dancing and all. Wait until you see this number. The boys have pulled even more impressive tricks out of their dance belts.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Texas Pastor Now Says He Didn't Mean He'd Really Set Himself Aflame
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride