BY Nick Adams
April 05 2010 1:05 PM ET
Broadway performer Nick Adams survived his third and fourth weeks of rehearsals for the upcoming revival of La Cage Aux Folles (opening at the Longacre Theater in New York on April 18) and brings The Advocate along for the ride.
Week three of the extravaganza that is La Cage aux Folles rehearsal took the show on the road: The Cagelles went on a field trip together. With signed permission slips in tow, we boarded a shuttle bus and traveled up to Yonkers to rehearse in a scenic shop. Here we found a massive welded birdcage inside of a cold cement garage. It was here in Yonkers where we learned choreography that crucially involves the cage—pole dancing and all. Wait until you see this number. The boys have pulled even more impressive tricks out of their dance belts.
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-Ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Gay Man Allegedly Assaulted by Hasidic Gang in New York
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 16 min 3 sec ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 30 min 26 sec ago
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 48 min 23 sec ago
- Women Pussy Riot To Be Freed 1 hour 1 min ago
- Health New Campaign Inspires LGBT Americans to Take Advantage of Affordable Care Act 2 hours 28 min ago
- Television Meet the New Queens of RuPaul's Drag Race 2 hours 35 min ago
- Women WATCH: Real-Life Girlfriends Bria & Chrissy on '10 Things Lesbians Do on Saturdays' 2 hours 37 min ago