Broadway Bares 2012: The Solo Strips
BY Christopher Harrity
April 12 2012 2:00 PM ET
The Broadway Bares performers make raising money for Equity Fights AIDS so much fun you might feel a little guilty. But pony up folks, that dollar bill you tuck in that special place is going to help people in need.
Solo Strips harkens back to the Broadway Bares roots, when creator and executive producer Jerry Mitchell organized a benefit burlesque show featuring himself and six friends performing original strips at a bar for a $10 donation plus whatever tips the audience gave the dancers. Solo Strips is a lead-up event to the big show, Broadway Bares, on June 17, and this year's Broadway Bares theme is Happy Endings — the fairy tale kind.
Pictured on the following pages are the featured dancers for this year's event to be held May 6 at XL Club. For more information: broadwaycares.org/bares2012solostrips.
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- Op-ed: Flying While Trans
- Dallas Councilwoman Objects to "Homosexual Conduct" in HIV Testing Billboard
- Study: Same-Sex Couples Suffer Discrimination in Rental Market
- TV Mastermind Jane Espenson: From to to Evil Queens
- Arizona: Org. Files for Marriage Equality Ballot Initiative
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 8 min 29 sec ago
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 19 min 26 sec ago
- Sports National Gay & Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame’s First Class Announced 47 min 12 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Did Chris Colfer Get Arrested? 53 min 18 sec ago
- Entertainment News EXCLUSIVE: Madonna's MDNA Concert Clip 1 hour 36 min ago
- Politics Dallas Councilwoman Objects to Gay HIV Billboard 2 hours 31 min ago
- Marriage Equality Arizona: Org. Files for Marriage Equality Ballot Initiative 2 hours 41 min ago