Broadway Bares 2012: The Solo Strips
BY Christopher Harrity
April 12 2012 2:00 PM ET
The Broadway Bares performers make raising money for Equity Fights AIDS so much fun you might feel a little guilty. But pony up folks, that dollar bill you tuck in that special place is going to help people in need.
Solo Strips harkens back to the Broadway Bares roots, when creator and executive producer Jerry Mitchell organized a benefit burlesque show featuring himself and six friends performing original strips at a bar for a $10 donation plus whatever tips the audience gave the dancers. Solo Strips is a lead-up event to the big show, Broadway Bares, on June 17, and this year's Broadway Bares theme is Happy Endings — the fairy tale kind.
Pictured on the following pages are the featured dancers for this year's event to be held May 6 at XL Club. For more information: broadwaycares.org/bares2012solostrips.
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- Dallas Councilwoman Objects to "Homosexual Conduct" in HIV Testing Billboard
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- TV Mastermind Jane Espenson: From to to Evil Queens
- Op-ed: Flying While Trans
- Study: Same-Sex Couples Suffer Discrimination in Rental Market
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 13 min 38 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 37 min 11 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 1 hour 58 min ago
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 2 hours 16 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 2 hours 23 min ago
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 2 hours 38 min ago
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 2 hours 49 min ago