Larry King Is Confused By Anna Paquin's 'Non-Practicing' Bisexuality
BY Eliel Cruz
July 31 2014 5:27 AM ET
Larry King has interviewed a lot of people, but the renowned talk show host doesn’t understand Anna Paquin’s bisexuality. While discussing True Blood and her marriage, Paquin had to explain her sexual orientation to King. The awkward exchange between Paquin and King went as follows:
King: "Are you a non-practicing bisexual?"
Paquin: "Well, I am married to my husband and we are happily monogamously married."
King: "But you were bisexual?"
Paquin: "Well, I don’t think it’s a past-tense thing."
Larry King: "No?"
Paquin: "No. Are you still straight if you are with somebody — if you were to break up with them or if they were to die, it doesn’t prevent your sexuality from existing. It doesn’t really work like that."
Paquin has been making the media rounds discussing True Blood and her tweets from Pride in which she said she was a “proud married bisexual mother.”
"There's people that are going to go to their grave thinking what they think about the LGBT community," Paquin told HuffPost Live. "That's their problem, not mine. And there's people that think that monogamy and bisexuality are mutually exclusive. Again, their problem not mine. The reason I feel like it's important to talk about this stuff is that the more normal and, frankly, mundane and boring this stuff becomes the better it's going to be for everybody who is part of our community."
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Folk Singer Janis Ian: Bill Cosby Blackballed Me From TV as a Teen
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Antigay Discrimination Is 'So One Month Ago,' Says Jon Stewart
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star