Chick-Fil-A Donates $2 Mil to Antigay Groups in One Year
BY Michelle Garcia
July 02 2012 12:01 PM ET
An analysis of charitable donations by Chick-Fil-A shows the fast-food chain gave nearly $2 million to antigay groups in 2010.
A previous investigation showed the company donating the same amount to antigay causes in 2009, despite constant statements from spokespeople denying that Chick-Fil-A supports an antigay agenda.
WinShape, Chick-Fil-A's official charitable arm, has donated $1.9 million to Exodus International, the National Christian Foundation, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, the Family Research Council, the Marriage and Family Foundation, and the Georgia Family Council, Equality Matters reported Monday.
The largest donation, $1.1 million, went to the Marriage and Family Foundation, an anti-gay marriage organization that raises money for the Marriage CoMission. The latter group was created in response to the "downward spiral of marriage and the traditional family in America."
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- Meet the People Fired for Being LGBT in 2013
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- Film Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel Comics Ant-Man Film 18 min 15 sec ago
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out 50 min 28 sec ago
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain 53 min 33 sec ago
- People Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny 1 hour 8 min ago
- Women The Incredibly True Adventures of 2 Lesbian Penguins in Love in Israel 1 hour 12 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Silencing a #SharedGirlHood on Social Media 3:20 PM
- Politics Putin's Top Priority: 'Equal Terms' for Olympic Athletes 3:15 PM