Chick-fil-A Public Relations VP Dies of Heart Attack
BY Michelle Garcia
July 27 2012 2:35 PM ET UPDATED: July 27 2012 3:03 PM ET
The vice president of public relations at Chick-fil-A has passed away.
Donald Perry had a heart attack according to Ross Cathy, brother of Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy, reports WRBL News. The company has been embroiled in a national scandal, after CEO Dan Cathy told the Baptist Press that he was openly not supportive of marriage equality.
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the company issued a statement Friday shortly after his death was announced.
"Don was a member of our Chick-fil-A family for nearly 29 years," the statement read. "For many of you in the media, he was a spokesperson for Chick-fil-A. He was a well-respected and well-liked media executive in the Atlanta and University of Georgia communities and we will miss him."
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club 47 min 31 sec ago
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other 2 hours 36 min ago
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs 7:18 PM
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame 6:51 PM
- Entertainment News Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Jail 6:20 PM
- Politicians President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech 4:59 PM