Chick-fil-A Public Relations VP Dies of Heart Attack
BY Michelle Garcia
July 27 2012 1:35 PM ET UPDATED: July 27 2012 2:03 PM ET
The vice president of public relations at Chick-fil-A has passed away.
Donald Perry had a heart attack according to Ross Cathy, brother of Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy, reports WRBL News. The company has been embroiled in a national scandal, after CEO Dan Cathy told the Baptist Press that he was openly not supportive of marriage equality.
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the company issued a statement Friday shortly after his death was announced.
"Don was a member of our Chick-fil-A family for nearly 29 years," the statement read. "For many of you in the media, he was a spokesperson for Chick-fil-A. He was a well-respected and well-liked media executive in the Atlanta and University of Georgia communities and we will miss him."
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 1 hour 15 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 2 hours 14 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 2 hours 15 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 2 hours 45 min ago
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 5:00 AM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM