Chick-fil-A Public Relations VP Dies of Heart Attack
BY Michelle Garcia
July 27 2012 2:35 PM ET UPDATED: July 27 2012 3:03 PM ET
The vice president of public relations at Chick-fil-A has passed away.
Donald Perry had a heart attack according to Ross Cathy, brother of Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy, reports WRBL News. The company has been embroiled in a national scandal, after CEO Dan Cathy told the Baptist Press that he was openly not supportive of marriage equality.
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the company issued a statement Friday shortly after his death was announced.
"Don was a member of our Chick-fil-A family for nearly 29 years," the statement read. "For many of you in the media, he was a spokesperson for Chick-fil-A. He was a well-respected and well-liked media executive in the Atlanta and University of Georgia communities and we will miss him."
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- The Best Drag Take on Madonna Is By a Woman