Chick-fil-A Expands in Bay Area
BY Trudy Ring
August 25 2012 3:05 PM ET
Fast-food chain Chick-fil-A, which has drawn protests because of its donations to antigay groups, is opening restaurants in the gay-friendly San Francisco Bay area.
One restaurant opened Thursday in San Jose to a crowd of both supporters and detractors. It joins an existing Bay Area location in Fairfield, reports SFBay.ca, and another Chick-fil-A will open in Walnut Creek October 11 — National Coming Out Day. The company has bought property in Novato and plans a restaurant there as well.
San Francisco TV station KTVU has coverage of the San Jose opening here.
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
- REPORT: ISIS Executes Nine More 'Gay' Men