Chick-fil-A Expands in Bay Area
BY Trudy Ring
August 25 2012 3:05 PM ET
Fast-food chain Chick-fil-A, which has drawn protests because of its donations to antigay groups, is opening restaurants in the gay-friendly San Francisco Bay area.
One restaurant opened Thursday in San Jose to a crowd of both supporters and detractors. It joins an existing Bay Area location in Fairfield, reports SFBay.ca, and another Chick-fil-A will open in Walnut Creek October 11 — National Coming Out Day. The company has bought property in Novato and plans a restaurant there as well.
San Francisco TV station KTVU has coverage of the San Jose opening here.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More More Racist Than Antigay?
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star