Chick-fil-A Expands in Bay Area
BY Trudy Ring
August 25 2012 3:05 PM ET
Fast-food chain Chick-fil-A, which has drawn protests because of its donations to antigay groups, is opening restaurants in the gay-friendly San Francisco Bay area.
One restaurant opened Thursday in San Jose to a crowd of both supporters and detractors. It joins an existing Bay Area location in Fairfield, reports SFBay.ca, and another Chick-fil-A will open in Walnut Creek October 11 — National Coming Out Day. The company has bought property in Novato and plans a restaurant there as well.
San Francisco TV station KTVU has coverage of the San Jose opening here.
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Nintendo Will 'Fix' Bug That Allows Same-Sex Couples to Marry in Video Game
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
- The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Obama to Award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Sally Ride 34 min 47 sec ago
- Pride Turn It Way Up with Pride Beats 2013 35 min 58 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Robin Tyler's Rally Cry at Long Beach Dyke March 36 min 22 sec ago
- Television WATCH: Gay Character in Peril in New Teen Wolf Season 3 Trailer 1 hour 35 min ago
- Commentary Stop Acting Like I'm Dead Because I Have HIV 1 hour 49 min ago
- Entertainment News 'Turn Back Time' For Cher's Birthday 2 hours 2 min ago
- Women Texas Judge Says Lesbian Mom Can't Live With Partner and Keep Custody of Kids 2 hours 7 min ago