Chick-fil-A Expands in Bay Area
BY Trudy Ring
August 25 2012 3:05 PM ET
Fast-food chain Chick-fil-A, which has drawn protests because of its donations to antigay groups, is opening restaurants in the gay-friendly San Francisco Bay area.
One restaurant opened Thursday in San Jose to a crowd of both supporters and detractors. It joins an existing Bay Area location in Fairfield, reports SFBay.ca, and another Chick-fil-A will open in Walnut Creek October 11 — National Coming Out Day. The company has bought property in Novato and plans a restaurant there as well.
San Francisco TV station KTVU has coverage of the San Jose opening here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Marriage Equality | Advocate.com