Chick-fil-A Expands in Bay Area
BY Trudy Ring
August 25 2012 3:05 PM ET
Fast-food chain Chick-fil-A, which has drawn protests because of its donations to antigay groups, is opening restaurants in the gay-friendly San Francisco Bay area.
One restaurant opened Thursday in San Jose to a crowd of both supporters and detractors. It joins an existing Bay Area location in Fairfield, reports SFBay.ca, and another Chick-fil-A will open in Walnut Creek October 11 — National Coming Out Day. The company has bought property in Novato and plans a restaurant there as well.
San Francisco TV station KTVU has coverage of the San Jose opening here.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM