WATCH: Chevrolet To Debut LGBT-Inclusive Ads During Olympics
BY Stacy Lambe
February 07 2014 1:09 PM ET
A week after Coca-Cola debuted it's LGBT-friendly Super Bowl ad, Chevrolet is debuting a new campaign series, #TheNew, which features LGBT families and imagery. Two of the eight new spots, which are airing during the Olympics, feature gay families as part of a diverse look at American life.
The first ad, premiering during the Opening Ceremonies, features a same-sex Cape Cod wedding.
The second spot, for the new Traverse, includes multiple shots of gay parents.
This is not the first time the company has come out in support of the LGBT community. Two years ago, the brand produced a print ad during gay pride. "Mom, Dad, I'm electric," the Volt said in front of a purple backdrop.
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis
- Kim Davis to Appeal Contempt Ruling
- WATCH: Deaf Meets LGBT in New Romantic Series