WATCH: Chevrolet To Debut LGBT-Inclusive Ads During Olympics
BY Stacy Lambe
February 07 2014 1:09 PM ET
A week after Coca-Cola debuted it's LGBT-friendly Super Bowl ad, Chevrolet is debuting a new campaign series, #TheNew, which features LGBT families and imagery. Two of the eight new spots, which are airing during the Olympics, feature gay families as part of a diverse look at American life.
The first ad, premiering during the Opening Ceremonies, features a same-sex Cape Cod wedding.
The second spot, for the new Traverse, includes multiple shots of gay parents.
This is not the first time the company has come out in support of the LGBT community. Two years ago, the brand produced a print ad during gay pride. "Mom, Dad, I'm electric," the Volt said in front of a purple backdrop.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM