WATCH: Chevrolet To Debut LGBT-Inclusive Ads During Olympics
BY Stacy Lambe
February 07 2014 1:09 PM ET
A week after Coca-Cola debuted it's LGBT-friendly Super Bowl ad, Chevrolet is debuting a new campaign series, #TheNew, which features LGBT families and imagery. Two of the eight new spots, which are airing during the Olympics, feature gay families as part of a diverse look at American life.
The first ad, premiering during the Opening Ceremonies, features a same-sex Cape Cod wedding.
The second spot, for the new Traverse, includes multiple shots of gay parents.
This is not the first time the company has come out in support of the LGBT community. Two years ago, the brand produced a print ad during gay pride. "Mom, Dad, I'm electric," the Volt said in front of a purple backdrop.
- Yet Another Court Tells Bobby Jindal to Issue Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World