WATCH: Chevrolet To Debut LGBT-Inclusive Ads During Olympics
BY Stacy Lambe
February 07 2014 1:09 PM ET
A week after Coca-Cola debuted it's LGBT-friendly Super Bowl ad, Chevrolet is debuting a new campaign series, #TheNew, which features LGBT families and imagery. Two of the eight new spots, which are airing during the Olympics, feature gay families as part of a diverse look at American life.
The first ad, premiering during the Opening Ceremonies, features a same-sex Cape Cod wedding.
The second spot, for the new Traverse, includes multiple shots of gay parents.
This is not the first time the company has come out in support of the LGBT community. Two years ago, the brand produced a print ad during gay pride. "Mom, Dad, I'm electric," the Volt said in front of a purple backdrop.
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 12 Quotes Proving Harvey Milk Still Gives Us Hope
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps