WATCH: Chevrolet To Debut LGBT-Inclusive Ads During Olympics
BY Stacy Lambe
February 07 2014 1:09 PM ET
A week after Coca-Cola debuted it's LGBT-friendly Super Bowl ad, Chevrolet is debuting a new campaign series, #TheNew, which features LGBT families and imagery. Two of the eight new spots, which are airing during the Olympics, feature gay families as part of a diverse look at American life.
The first ad, premiering during the Opening Ceremonies, features a same-sex Cape Cod wedding.
The second spot, for the new Traverse, includes multiple shots of gay parents.
This is not the first time the company has come out in support of the LGBT community. Two years ago, the brand produced a print ad during gay pride. "Mom, Dad, I'm electric," the Volt said in front of a purple backdrop.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men