BY Advocate Contributors
September 21 2010 12:50 AM ET
Moving Forward. The vision it inspires is the engine that drives us. Itâ€™s why we make diversity and inclusion our priority -- why we strive to stay ahead of the curve in workplace equality and LGBT inclusion.
Our commitment to progress and innovation has inspired best-in-class initiatives. We have policies in place to help protect against discrimination. Full benefits are offered to same gender domestic partners. And, since 2007, Toyota has had a transgender policy and transition plan in place.
Our GALA Business Partnering Group promotes professional development for LGBT associates. We proudly support the Human Rights Campaign, GLAAD, The Point Foundation, AIDS Walk Los Angeles, and the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) as well as LA based LifeWorks which provides mentoring for LGBT youth. Accolades from leading LGBT organizations recognize Toyotaâ€™s efforts. Our perfect 100% score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index serves as but one example. We accept these honors with pride and appreciation. They serve to acknowledge that we are indeed making a difference and that our words are supported by our deeds.
At Toyota, moving forward is an ongoing journey. Each time we reach a new benchmark of achievement, there is a higher goal beyond. So while we celebrate each accomplishment made in our path toward progress, we remain constant in our commitment to opening new doors and opportunities.
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry â€” Each Other
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 30 min 22 sec ago
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini 1 hour 42 min ago
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry â€” Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame June 19 2013 6:51 PM