BY Advocate Contributors
September 21 2010 12:50 AM ET
Moving Forward. The vision it inspires is the engine that drives us. Itâ€™s why we make diversity and inclusion our priority -- why we strive to stay ahead of the curve in workplace equality and LGBT inclusion.
Our commitment to progress and innovation has inspired best-in-class initiatives. We have policies in place to help protect against discrimination. Full benefits are offered to same gender domestic partners. And, since 2007, Toyota has had a transgender policy and transition plan in place.
Our GALA Business Partnering Group promotes professional development for LGBT associates. We proudly support the Human Rights Campaign, GLAAD, The Point Foundation, AIDS Walk Los Angeles, and the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) as well as LA based LifeWorks which provides mentoring for LGBT youth. Accolades from leading LGBT organizations recognize Toyotaâ€™s efforts. Our perfect 100% score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index serves as but one example. We accept these honors with pride and appreciation. They serve to acknowledge that we are indeed making a difference and that our words are supported by our deeds.
At Toyota, moving forward is an ongoing journey. Each time we reach a new benchmark of achievement, there is a higher goal beyond. So while we celebrate each accomplishment made in our path toward progress, we remain constant in our commitment to opening new doors and opportunities.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 2 hours 49 min ago
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM