BY Advocate Contributors
September 21 2010 12:50 AM ET
Moving Forward. The vision it inspires is the engine that drives us. It’s why we make diversity and inclusion our priority -- why we strive to stay ahead of the curve in workplace equality and LGBT inclusion.
Our commitment to progress and innovation has inspired best-in-class initiatives. We have policies in place to help protect against discrimination. Full benefits are offered to same gender domestic partners. And, since 2007, Toyota has had a transgender policy and transition plan in place.
Our GALA Business Partnering Group promotes professional development for LGBT associates. We proudly support the Human Rights Campaign, GLAAD, The Point Foundation, AIDS Walk Los Angeles, and the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) as well as LA based LifeWorks which provides mentoring for LGBT youth. Accolades from leading LGBT organizations recognize Toyota’s efforts. Our perfect 100% score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index serves as but one example. We accept these honors with pride and appreciation. They serve to acknowledge that we are indeed making a difference and that our words are supported by our deeds.
At Toyota, moving forward is an ongoing journey. Each time we reach a new benchmark of achievement, there is a higher goal beyond. So while we celebrate each accomplishment made in our path toward progress, we remain constant in our commitment to opening new doors and opportunities.
- Politics A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade 2 hours 1 min ago
- Love and Sex WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video 2 hours 42 min ago
- Religion LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades 2 hours 52 min ago
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade March 16 2014 5:34 PM
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? March 16 2014 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? March 16 2014 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM