Comic Eddie Griffin Slings Lesbian Slur, Receives Faceful of Wine
BY Michelle Garcia
July 17 2012 2:08 PM ET
Comedian Eddie Griffin says his use of the word "dyke," directed at an audience member during one of his shows last week, was "slang, and not deragotory."
While on stage at Tommy T's Comedy House in Pleasanton, Calif., Griffin riled up a woman sitting in the front row, according to The Huffington Post. We don't know what he said exactly, but his rant about the woman's perceived sexual orientation prompted her to toss a glass of wine or champagne at him.
Griffin countered by dumping a glass of water on the woman and throwing the empty plastic bottle at her.
Later Griffin wrote a statement on his Facebook page that has since been removed. "That dyke bitch threw a glass of whatever she was drinkin' in my face. All over a joke about dyke bitches!" A representative for Griffin told The Huffington Post that Griffin does not want to be seen as homophobic.
The video below captures the last portion of the exchange:
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo 1 hour 14 min ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 2 hours 14 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 2 hours 59 min ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM