Stephen Colbert to Olympians: Cool It on Gay Stuff
BY Trudy Ring
August 16 2013 1:03 PM ET
Stephen Colbert had a couple of typically hilarious commentaries on LGBT issues this week, including the objections to Russia’s hosting of the Olympics after it adopted its so-called gay propaganda law — he wishes the Olympics would return “to its Greek roots, when nothing gay ever happened.”
Also, Colbert profiles Johnny Cummings, the gay man who’s mayor of the smallest U.S. town to pass an LGBT-inclusive antidiscrimination law, as one of the “People Who Are Destroying America.” Watch both segments below.
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM