WATCH: Zach Quinto, Jane Lynch, Ellen, and NPH Warn 'Voting Makes You Gay'
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 25 2013 11:49 AM ET
At the conclusion of The Daily Show's important — and, as always, hilarious — report on the very serious issue of voter suppression in North Carolina, the Comedy Central team slipped in a bit of fabulous snark to drive its point home.
After an interview where a North Carolina official admitted to engaging in voter suppression tactics, several out actors thought they'd give right-wingers a taste of their own medicine.
Jane Lynch, Neil Patrick Harris, and Ellen DeGeneres all demand that you "Vote," in the 12-second clip below.
Then Andy Cohen appears and explains, "Because I voted, now I'm gay."
"That's right, Republicans," says Quinto. "Voting makes you gay."
If there's anything sure to scare right-wing conservatives away from the voting booth, it's most certainly to declare that they might catch The Gay if they set foot inside a polling station.
Luckily for those of us in the LGBT community, this rationale only provides more reason to get out there and vote like our rights depend on it.
Watch the entire segment, complete with a hideously racist elected official in North Carolina, below. The gay voting clip begins at the 5:10 mark.
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- WATCH: Kentucky Same-Sex Couples Discuss Kim Davis's Denial
- Op-ed: The Real Ramifications of the Rentboy Raid
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis