Man Found Stabbed to Death in West Hollywood
BY Michelle Garcia
May 22 2012 12:51 PM ET
Gay makeup artist Bobby Khamvongsa was found dead with multiple stab wounds in West Hollywood near the Beverly Center over the weekend.
Police arrested Richard Herrera, 29, who also went to high school with Khamvongsa in Kalihi, Hawaii, according to KITV News. Khamvongsa's family does not know what kind of relationship the two men had.
Khamvongsa was originally thought to have been killed by a hit-and-run car accident, but as police began further investigation, they found Khamvongsa had been stabbed several times. According to the Los Angeles Police Department, Khamvongsa was pronounced dead at the scene. Detectives said they believe Khamvongsa was involved in a dispute with Herrera, which resulted in the victim's murder.
Police are still looking for witnesses or anyone with information about Herrera and Khamvongsa.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Fitness A Workout Especially for HIV-Positive People 19 min 11 sec ago
- Music Austra's Summer Soundtrack 32 min 40 sec ago
- Books James Franco's A California Childhood: Win Signed Copy 39 min 8 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Cher Wigs Out on The Voice 1 hour 9 min ago
- Entertainment News CA Town Hoists And Promptly Removes Gay Pride Flag 2 hours 16 min ago
- No More Bullying Meet the 2013 Point Scholars: Living Proof It Does Get Better 6:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 5:05 AM