Man Found Stabbed to Death in West Hollywood
BY Michelle Garcia
May 22 2012 12:51 PM ET
Gay makeup artist Bobby Khamvongsa was found dead with multiple stab wounds in West Hollywood near the Beverly Center over the weekend.
Police arrested Richard Herrera, 29, who also went to high school with Khamvongsa in Kalihi, Hawaii, according to KITV News. Khamvongsa's family does not know what kind of relationship the two men had.
Khamvongsa was originally thought to have been killed by a hit-and-run car accident, but as police began further investigation, they found Khamvongsa had been stabbed several times. According to the Los Angeles Police Department, Khamvongsa was pronounced dead at the scene. Detectives said they believe Khamvongsa was involved in a dispute with Herrera, which resulted in the victim's murder.
Police are still looking for witnesses or anyone with information about Herrera and Khamvongsa.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- Suicides, Antigay Accusations Sully Elite San Diego School
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- STUDY: Bisexuals Have Worse Health Than Gay, Lesbian, or Straight People