Police: It Wasn't Luka Magnotta in Miami
BY Lucas Grindley
June 12 2012 1:11 PM ET
It didn't take long to rule out Luka Magnotta, the alleged Canadian cannibal killer, in a Miami case.
Reports said Magnotta was in the area when Osben Laparra, 21, disappeared after leaving a Miami nightclub in March 2009. His body parts washed ashore three days later in area waterways.
But CBS Miami reports that Canadian authorities have provided evidence Magnotta wasn't in Florida when the crime happened.
Magnotta was arrested in Berlin, having fled Canada accused of killing 33-year-old Jun Lin, a computer and engineering college student who was Magnotta's onetime lover, and of posting video of killing kittens. Whoever killed Lin said the taste of blood wouldn't let him stop.
With the Miami case out, that leaves a mystery in Los Angeles as the only other reported where Magnotta, the sometimes gay-porn actor, is so far under investigation.
The head of Hervey Medellin, a 66-year-old gay man who lived in Hollywood, was discovered in January near a hiking trail in Bronson Canyon Park. His hands and feet were later found too, near the famous Hollywood sign.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- Federal Judge Rules Indiana Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriages
- Love Overshadows Westboro Baptist Church's Plan to Protest Robin Williams Funeral
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall