Transgender Woman Stabbed in Downtown Los Angeles
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 27 2012 2:56 PM ET
A transgender woman was hospitalized after she was stabbed in downtown Los Angeles last week by another transgender woman. The attack reportedly occurred July 25 around 11:15 p.m. near the intersection of 10th Street and Stanford Avenue, according to the Los Angeles Daily News.
"The victim suffered non-life-threatening stab wounds to the leg," Sgt. Andre Belotto of the Los Angeles Police Department told the News.
Sgt. Alex Baez, a watch commander, says the incident occurred after a verbal dispute, but because the victim has been uncooperative, police still don't know why the two were arguing. Police are searching for the attacker, but have few leads. "All we have so far is that [she was a] transgender [female] ... an American Indian and a transient," said Baez, "so we figure [she] will turn up somewhere in the area."
Editor's note: An earlier version of this article identified the victim as a trangender male, based on an erroneous report from the Los Angeles Police Department to the L.A. Daily News. The Advocate regrets the error.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- New York Officials Demand Olympic Sponsors Take Action
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- Morrissey's Gay Relationship Scrubbed From U.S. Edition of Autobiography
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM
- No More Bullying WATCH: It Gets Better Speaks to Russian LGBT Youth December 05 2013 6:33 PM
- World News LGBT Rights Are 'Essential Part' of U.S. Foreign Policy, Says Susan Rice December 05 2013 6:15 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge Expected to Rule on Utah Marriage Ban Early Next Year December 05 2013 6:00 PM