Men Claim They Were Attacked in Austin
BY Neal Broverman
September 24 2012 3:31 PM ET
Austin local Nick Soret says he and a friend were attacked on the city's Fourth Street, the night before the LGBT Pride festival, by a man who believed the revelers were checking him out at a food truck.
The incident occurred Friday night, when a man asked Soret what he was looking at. When Soret told him he wasn't looking at anything, the man allegedly knocked Soret's pizza slice off his plate, burning Soret's arm. When Soret's friend confronted the aggressive man, he was allegedly met with fists and lost several teeth in the process. Soret was then himself attacked, but managed to shield his face from direct punches.
"It was done just out of meaness, and I think prejudice," Soret told the local media. "It was unprovoked. We did not provoke him, we did not engage him. We didn't do anything."
Police are investigating the attack and will be aided by a camera attached to the pizza truck.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- Democrats and Republicans Alike Wary of Virginia's Radical Lt. Gov. Nominee
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 4 min 57 sec ago
- Politics Neither Democrats Nor Republicans Pleased With Virginia's GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee 1 hour 8 sec ago
- Entertainment News Bling King: Liberace Car, Piano on View in NYC 1 hour 16 min ago
- Love and Sex Dear Digital Romeo: How Do I Seduce a Guy Through Chat? 1 hour 39 min ago
- Women Free Kate — She's Been Targeted Before, Says Father 2 hours 29 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 3:26 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 3:13 PM