Hooded Men Attack Coming Out Party in Moscow
BY Lucas Grindley
October 12 2012 12:26 PM ET
A dozen masked men reportedly stormed a coming out party at a gay club in Moscow and attacked the people inside.
The Associated Press reports three people were injured in the attack on the 7 Freedays club, with one woman hospitalized with broken glass in her eye. The club's owner told the reporter that the attackers wore medical masks and hoods.
It happened on Thursday, which was National Coming Out Day in the United States. In Russia, activists have been fighting the spread of what's called a "gay propaganda" law to several cities that attempted to ban any talk of homosexuality and to eliminate gay pride parade for the next 100 years.
It was only recently announced that the country's Supreme Court ruled rights demonstrations and parades couldn't be included in the "propaganda" laws but that talking to minors about being could be considered unlawful in some cases.
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- Study: Same-Sex Couples Suffer Discrimination in Rental Market
- Dallas Councilwoman Objects to "Homosexual Conduct" in HIV Testing Billboard
- PHOTOS: Pride From France to Italy to Greece
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Op-ed: Flying While Trans
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 1 hour 25 min ago
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 1 hour 49 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 5:44 PM
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 5:33 PM