Hooded Men Attack Coming Out Party in Moscow
BY Lucas Grindley
October 12 2012 11:26 AM ET
A dozen masked men reportedly stormed a coming out party at a gay club in Moscow and attacked the people inside.
The Associated Press reports three people were injured in the attack on the 7 Freedays club, with one woman hospitalized with broken glass in her eye. The club's owner told the reporter that the attackers wore medical masks and hoods.
It happened on Thursday, which was National Coming Out Day in the United States. In Russia, activists have been fighting the spread of what's called a "gay propaganda" law to several cities that attempted to ban any talk of homosexuality and to eliminate gay pride parade for the next 100 years.
It was only recently announced that the country's Supreme Court ruled rights demonstrations and parades couldn't be included in the "propaganda" laws but that talking to minors about being could be considered unlawful in some cases.
- Year in Review The Advocate's Person of the Year: 'Idiotic' or 'Important?' 1 hour 7 min ago
- Women Kim Basinger is Sleek and Sexy in Pin-Striped Men's Suit December 18 2013 9:50 PM
- Women Op-ed: The Right's War on Christmas - The 2013 Edition! December 18 2013 9:06 PM
- Entertainment News Ian McKellen Surprised Hobbit Fans At Desolation of Smaug Screening December 18 2013 7:07 PM
- Travel Sia Wants You to Help the Street Animals of India December 18 2013 5:23 PM
- Media BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective December 18 2013 4:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! December 18 2013 4:49 PM