Abbott recalls gonorrhea test kits
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 04 2002 12:00 AM ET
Abbott Laboratories announced Friday a recall of 1.5 million gonorrhea test kits sold to hospitals and laboratories worldwide after the company discovered that some of the kits produced false negative results. The recalled kits were originally distributed between January 11 and June 14, with more than 80% of them having been distributed to testing sites in the United States. The Food and Drug Administration on Friday recommended that anyone tested for gonorrhea since January 11 contact their doctors to see if they need to be retested for the sexually transmitted disease.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'