Abbott recalls gonorrhea test kits
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 04 2002 12:00 AM ET
Abbott Laboratories announced Friday a recall of 1.5 million gonorrhea test kits sold to hospitals and laboratories worldwide after the company discovered that some of the kits produced false negative results. The recalled kits were originally distributed between January 11 and June 14, with more than 80% of them having been distributed to testing sites in the United States. The Food and Drug Administration on Friday recommended that anyone tested for gonorrhea since January 11 contact their doctors to see if they need to be retested for the sexually transmitted disease.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law