Blood Works: The Sanguineous Art of Robert Sherer
BY Christopher Harrity
December 01 2012 5:00 AM ET
HIV+ and HIV- blood on paper
25" x 19"
Collection: Kenneth E. Ross
Sherer: Sweet Williams are among my favorite flowers. Growing up I loved to help my grandmother gather flowers for her splendid arrangements. I will always remember hearing her say, “Now, honey, cut down the most beautiful ones first.”
Since there is a correlation between HIV transmission and sexual attraction, it could be said that AIDS also “cuts down the most beautiful ones first.”
The bouquet gatherer is a grim reaper, of sorts. The Billys, Bills, Willies, Wills can’t help that they are beautiful. Too many Williams dead!
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar