Kolbe considers running for Arizona governor
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 17 2001 1:00 AM ET
Rep. Jim Kolbe, the only openly gay Republican in Congress, is considering running for governor in his home state of Arizona in 2002, Roll Call reports. Ive had some people suggest it, so Im exploring whether its doable or not, Kolbe said. The current governor, Republican Jane Dee Hull, is barred from running for reelection because of term limits. Kolbe could face a challenge from former representative Matt Salmon in the Republican primary but says that wont stop him from running. Just because Matts in the race wouldnt keep me out of it, he said. That wouldnt deter me. There would clearly be some differences on policy.
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- Fateful Typo Discovered in Ky Peterson's Sentencing
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home