Rosie's inaugural cruise welcomed in Key West
July 13 2004 12:00 AM ET
Rosie O'Donnell's new cruise line is getting a warm welcome in sunny Key West, Fla. O'Donnell will receive the key to the city this week when her cruise, billed as the first that caters to gay and lesbian families, stops at the popular island port Wednesday on its inaugural voyage, officials said. The Norwegian Dawn's seven-day trip was scheduled to depart New York City on Sunday and is the first cruise of R Family Vacations, the O'Donnell-backed company that promotes family-friendly vacations for gays and lesbians.
Key West has long fostered a reputation as a tolerant vacation community that is especially friendly to gays and lesbians. A street fair will provide entertainment for children on the cruise. O'Donnell married Kelli Carpenter O'Donnell in a civil ceremony February 26 in San Francisco. The duo are raising four children together and are strong advocates of marriage and adoption rights for gays and lesbians.
- Broadway Bares Gets Naked for the 25th Time
- 16 Antigay Leaders Exposed as Gay or Bi
- WATCH: The Gays Are Recruiting, Warns Pat Robertson
- PHOTOS: The Bare Truths of Trans Men
- WATCH: Funny or Die Envisions Parental Response to Josh Duggar's Sex Abuse Scandal
- Op-ed: A 13-Year-Old, the Minnesota Governor, and LGBT Rights