BY Julie Bolcer
October 21 2009 10:15 AM ET
Opponents of the LGBT non-discrimination ordinance on the ballot in Kalamazoo, Michigan are distributing a flyer intended to scare voters into believing the measure will require women and children to share restrooms with men.
The flyer, reported by WOOD-TV, depicts cross-dressing and transgender individuals in a misleading effort to argue that the non-discrimination ordinance would require public places to provide unisex restrooms.
Watch the report.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- College Reddit User Turns Arkansas Governor’s Website Into LGBT Forum