BY Julie Bolcer
October 21 2009 10:15 AM ET
Opponents of the LGBT non-discrimination ordinance on the ballot in Kalamazoo, Michigan are distributing a flyer intended to scare voters into believing the measure will require women and children to share restrooms with men.
The flyer, reported by WOOD-TV, depicts cross-dressing and transgender individuals in a misleading effort to argue that the non-discrimination ordinance would require public places to provide unisex restrooms.
Watch the report.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Ban on Blood Donations by Gay Men
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music WATCH: Adam Levine Gets a Shirtless Paint Job 10 min 56 sec ago
- Books Three Great Books About HIV 12 min 49 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Amy Schumer Uses Tig Notaro's Cancer for Her Own Personal Gain 30 min 56 sec ago
- Crime Editor of Gay Website Beaten in London 33 min 16 sec ago
- Film We Steal Secrets: Is Bradley Manning a Hero? 35 min 35 sec ago
- Film A Drinking Game for the Liberace Movie 36 min 2 sec ago
- Health News Canada Lifts Lifetime Ban on Blood Donations by Gay Men 1 hour 45 min ago