BY Julie Bolcer
October 21 2009 10:15 AM ET
Opponents of the LGBT non-discrimination ordinance on the ballot in Kalamazoo, Michigan are distributing a flyer intended to scare voters into believing the measure will require women and children to share restrooms with men.
The flyer, reported by WOOD-TV, depicts cross-dressing and transgender individuals in a misleading effort to argue that the non-discrimination ordinance would require public places to provide unisex restrooms.
Watch the report.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- PHOTOS: Let's Take a Long Look at Long Beach Pride