BY Julie Bolcer
October 21 2009 10:15 AM ET
Opponents of the LGBT non-discrimination ordinance on the ballot in Kalamazoo, Michigan are distributing a flyer intended to scare voters into believing the measure will require women and children to share restrooms with men.
The flyer, reported by WOOD-TV, depicts cross-dressing and transgender individuals in a misleading effort to argue that the non-discrimination ordinance would require public places to provide unisex restrooms.
Watch the report.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
- Robbie Rogers Is First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash 2 hours 46 min ago
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 12:35 PM
- Sports Robbie Rogers Returns: First Openly Gay Footballer UPDATED: 11:56 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM