BY Julie Bolcer
October 21 2009 10:15 AM ET
Opponents of the LGBT non-discrimination ordinance on the ballot in Kalamazoo, Michigan are distributing a flyer intended to scare voters into believing the measure will require women and children to share restrooms with men.
The flyer, reported by WOOD-TV, depicts cross-dressing and transgender individuals in a misleading effort to argue that the non-discrimination ordinance would require public places to provide unisex restrooms.
Watch the report.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 51 min 54 sec ago
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality May 23 2013 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth May 23 2013 6:22 PM