BY Advocate.com Editors
December 04 2009 4:20 AM ET
Razor-tongued comedian Chelsea Handler put those Chris Colfer “gay” rumors to rest when the 19-year-old star of Glee appeared on her show, Chelsea Lately, on Thursday.
After a brief getting-to-know-you session, Handler complimented Colfer’s breakout hit show Glee and launched into a few statements on his sexuality.
“Your character is gay, and we know you're gay,” she said. Colfer replied with a faint “yes” to both assertions.
Handler, who acted as grand marshal of this year’s Christopher Street West Los Angeles Gay Pride parade, continued on, referring to much recent ado in the media about Colfer’s sexuality.
“Don’t be shy about that, because there was all of that hubbub before,” she said.She then spoke about how Colfer’s being openly gay can help hundreds of other gay people.
Colfer added playfully, "My answer to that question was, prior to coming out, that I was as straight as every other actor in Hollywood."
Answered Handler: "I don't know who you're referring to. I've never seen Valkyrie."
Earlier this year, Colfer talked about coming out in high school with Advocate.com, but he has never actually publicly come out.
Watch the video here.
- Television WATCH: The First Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of The Normal Heart 1 hour 9 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: 'Not Looking' Episode 1 1 hour 15 min ago
- Television Juliet Mills: Back to Nannying, With a Twist 1 hour 38 min ago
- Commentary What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto 2 hours 22 min ago
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 7:00 AM
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM